Last Updated on 6 months by The Mintly Team
The job market is quite active at the moment, however, finding a job is always a hassle. Well, here’s a detailed guide to job search in India in 2022. The whole job market scenario in India has undergone a manifold. From how people look out for jobs; the way employers hire to the myriad of opportunities available out there in the market using WorkIndia jobs, everything has changed.
It is a known fact that India is considered a young country and a developing economy. As per the report Youth in India 2017 by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation, the Government of India, India was expected to have a youth population of 34.33% by the end of 2020. It shows the potential our country holds in terms of manpower availability.
Earlier in India, job search in India would mostly be about the public or government sector, which was considered to be a secure job. If anyone got a job in a government organization, they would probably not leave it before retirement. Switching jobs was not the norm. Nor was becoming an entrepreneur.
In the past couple of decades, the whole thinking process surrounding jobs, the way the job market operates, the approach, the expectations everything has taken a shift. The job search in India has reformed. With the expansion of world-class businesses in India, the growth of small and medium-sized firms, and the emergence of the startup trend, the need for skilled manpower has increased even more.
LinkedIn India– Labor Market Update (September 2020) showed that with the reopening of the businesses, the hiring process has begun but with a higher competition level compared to the previous year. Thus, finding your correct job might surely be a challenge but not impossible.
Where can you search for the job?
Job search in India traditionally was done through references and newspapers. But, at times there has been quite a shift in the manner people lookout for jobs. Some of the options are mentioned below.
- References: Getting through a job or an interview through contacts of your friends and relatives are usually called references.
- Placement agencies: Placement agencies line up an interview depending on the qualifications and skill set the candidate possesses and the requirement of the employer. They usually charge a fee for their services.
- Companies career page: A company’s website usually has a career page. Most companies update their career page as per their recruitment requirement. Going through a company’s career page is a good habit if you are in line with their ideology and the work culture, and their role opening suits your skills and qualifications.
- Online portals: Online portals are the most common way of job search in India. Portals like WorkIndia, Monster.com, Naukri.com, and Timesjob.com are some of the most common ones. Few portals focus on particular segments of job seekers too. For example, Jobsforher.com and Hersecondinnings.com cater to only women, and Freshersworld.com is for freshers.
- Social media: Everybody these days is connected through social media. You can use this opportunity to expand your job search in India. The most common social media site for professionals is LinkedIn. You can create your profile on LinkedIn and search and apply for jobs. You can come across other people who are currently working in that company. It’s like a professional social media site. Another way to leverage your job search is through Facebook.
WorkIndia Company – India’s Largest Job Portal
India is the world’s largest Blue Collar recruitment market. WorkIndia is India’s Largest Blue Collar player by a large margin.
Its vision is to provide meaningful livelihoods to the 23.7 Cr blue-collar individuals of India, and now the 120 Cr blue-collar individuals on this planet.
It has been achieved by 01Via the usage of Deep Technology, 100% Automation, Geo Tagging & Dynamic algorithmsAutomated and complex Socio-economic behavioral concepts of Availability heuristics.
How does this Application work?
- POST YOUR JOB – Fill out a simple form to tell us your requirements.
- WE ADVERTISE YOUR JOB – We publish your job to candidates on WorkIndia App that match your profile.
- CANDIDATES CALL YOU – Active job seekers who are interested in your job call you on your phone for an interview.
- TAKE INTERVIEW & HIRE – From the calls you get, invite relevant people for interviews & hire the best ones.
WorkIndia is a Core Technology company, not tech-enabled like E-Commerce, Food delivery, etc.
Only online recruitment companies in India & globally where entire transaction terminates on the technology platform itself.
Culture & Core Values
Learn, Earn and Have Fun is not just something that exists on paper in WorkIndia registration but is actually practiced deeply within the firm. I have seen this culture very closely as an investor.
- Being Fearless – Huge confidence in one’s own capabilities and being fearless is respected hugely at WorkIndia.
- Creating Ownership – Everyone at WorkIndia is an owner – there is no employee here!
- Non-Judgment Culture – If you speak up, no team member at WorkIndia judges you – no suggestion is stupid!
How to search or apply for jobs through online portals?
Applying or searching for jobs on online portals is a fuss-free and paperless task. Job search in India follows more or less a standard format if you apply through an online portal.
The first step before searching for a WorkIndia job is to get your resume and a basic cover letter ready. The resume should be clear, updated, and specific. Having a basic cover letter handy is an added advantage. You can fine-tune it as per the company’s requirements while applying for the WorkIndia recruiter login.
- Register yourself and create a profile on the WorkIndia online portal.
- Fill correct details in your profile. The recruiters would connect with you based on the profile created by you.
- Once you have created your profile you may now search for jobs using the correct keywords.
- Based on your profile the portal would suggest some job openings too.
- Apply for the particular WorkIndia free job posting opening. Include a Cover Letter.
- If the recruiter is interested in your profile, you would get a callback or an email. Then the further process begins by providing some additional information, appearing for an employment test, and an interview.
- It is very important to always keep your WorkIndia profile updated.
WorkIndia Job opportunities as per various research
For WorkIndia job search in India in the coming year, further data may be quite useful for you in terms of opportunities that are available.
India has predominantly been an agricultural economy. But, in the past few years, the service and manufacturing sectors have gained importance. Their contribution to the country’s GDP has also increased. As per the report, agriculture constituted 42.39% of the total workforce in the country in 2019, whereas, the service and industry sectors constituted 32.04% and 25.58% respectively.
Based on the size of the organization: As per the data, organizations are classified into 3 categories based on the number of employees. From 10-49 employees are termed as small size; 50-249 employees as medium size and more than 250 employees as large size organizations. Small and medium-size organizations have a positive employment outlook of around 6%, whereas, large-size organizations see an employment outlook of around 7%.
Based on the region: The East region has the highest positive employment outlook for Q1 2021 with 11%. West follows close next with 8%. North and South regions expect hiring to go up by 6% each for the first quarter of 2021.
Mintly, the online job search and hiring marketplace for the gems, jewelry, and precious metals industry, aids in employment opportunities and WorkIndia job vacancies for job seekers.