It is said that happiness and confidence are the prettiest things a bride can wear on her wedding day. While we completely agree with this, we think there is something which can help you to elevate your joy a tad bit more on your special day with the latest Kundan bridal jewellery from Kushal’s Fashion Jewellery!
Kundan bridal jewellery is a traditional and timeless jewellery style, worn by Indian brides for centuries. Known to be one of the oldest forms of jewellery in India, it is carrying a rich legacy of over 2,500 years. In this blog, we will take a closer look at some of the most glamorous Kundan jewellery designed to bring perfection on your big day. Kundan Polki bridal jewellery sets are another way to get ready for your D-day.
The Kundan Saga: Something for everyone
You must be wondering that when we speak of Kundan jewellery, what exactly is included in that? We will introduce you to the types of Kundan bridal jewellery so that you stand out from the rest of the brides out there!
All of us will agree to the fact that a nice pair of earrings for women will act as icing on the cake when you wear and twirl in the prettiest lehenga choli. Whether it is paired with just a simple saree of chiffon or a heavy brocade, even a simple design of Kundan earrings is the surest way to give a boost to the magnificence of your whole look. The most famous of this category i.e., Kundan jhumka earrings feature a traditional Indian design with a large, dangling bell-shaped piece at the bottom. They are often studded with precious stones and pearls to add to their beauty. Kundan jewellery for lehenga choli can have precious stones and pearls to create a unique and stunning look.
Queenly Kundan Necklaces
Nothing makes you feel more queen-like than that necklace you choose to match you are your wedding outfit, right, aren’t we? Kundan necklace sets are the most popular choice for Indian brides. A Kundan choker necklace is a popular choice for brides who want to make a statement on their wedding day. This type of necklace sits high on the neck and is typically made up of several layers of Kundan beads. It is often paired with matching Kundan earrings and a maang tikka for a complete look. You can select any Kundan necklace design to match your bridal trousseau. If you are a bridesmaid, you have many options of long Kundan necklace designs to pick from. You can also wear a chain with a simple Kundan locket design.
Bewitching Maang Tikkas
Just as A Kundan maang tikka is a headpiece for Indian brides and is an essential part of the bridal jewellery set. Also known as Kundan matha patti, it is a traditional Indian headpiece that is worn by brides on their wedding day. It consists of a chain that sits on the forehead, with a pendant hanging in the middle. Kundan matha pattis are often adorned with pearls and precious stones, making them a stunning addition to any bridal look. Maang tikkas can come in a variety of styles, from delicate and minimalist to bold and elaborate. A modern Kundan bridal jewellery set generally includes maang tikka that can also befit a bridesmaid.
Gracious Haath Phool
Kundan bracelets are a great addition to any royal bridal jewellery set. A Kundan haath phool is a unique and beautiful piece of jewellery that is worn on the hand. It typically consists of a ring connected to a bracelet by a chain, with Kundan beads and stones adorning the entire piece. This type of jewellery is perfect for brides who want to add a touch of glamour to their hands. Kundan bracelets can be worn alone or paired with a matching Kundan necklace and earrings set to create a complete Kundan set design.
Stunning Finger Rings
Kundan finger rings complement the henna in your hand, making you look extra gorgeous as a bride. Designers create them in a variety of styles, ranging from simple and minimalist to bold and elaborate. Precious stones like diamonds, rubies, and emeralds often adorn these rings, which can be worn alone or paired with other Kundan jewelry pieces to achieve a complete look.
Choose the perfect match for you: Literally and metaphorically
Choosing the perfect Kundan bridal jewellery can be overwhelming, but here are some tips that can help make the process easier:
1. Consider your dress: When choosing your Kundan bridal jewellery, it is important to consider your dress. You want to make sure that your jewellery complements your dress and doesn’t clash with it. If you have a heavily embellished dress, it’s best to opt for simpler jewellery, whereas if your dress is simple, you can go for more elaborate jewellery.
2. Think about your style: Your bridal jewellery should reflect your style and taste. Just remember, whatever feels comfortable to you, suits you the best! Kundan jewellery is available in a wide range of designs, so take the time to explore your options and choose pieces that you feel comfortable wearing. If you are not used to wearing heavy Kundan jewellery, you may want to opt for simpler pieces that are easier to wear.
3. Know your face shape: When choosing your Kundan bridal jewellery, it’s important to consider your face shape. For example, if you have a round face, you may want to opt for longer earrings to create a more elongated look. If you have a heart-shaped face, you may want to opt for a matha patti to balance out your features.
4. Consider the colour of your jewellery: Kundan jewellery is available in a wide range of colours, so it’s important to choose a colour that complements your skin tone. If you have warm undertones, gold or champagne-coloured Kundan jewellery will complement your skin tone. If you have cool undertones, silver or platinum plating Kundan jewellery will complement your skin tone.
Style it like a Royal Bride
While we are talking about choosing the right kinds of Kundan jewellery, styling it can be another for a bride. Here are some tips and tricks which will help you to style your outfit perfectly.
1. Mix and match: You don’t have to match all your Kundan jewellery pieces perfectly. Mix and match different styles and designs to create a unique and personalized look.
2. Hairstyle plays a key role: Your hairstyle can make a big difference in how your Kundan jewellery looks. If you’re wearing a heavy necklace, consider wearing your hair in an updo to show it off. If you’re wearing a maang tikka, wear your hair down or in a loose braid to frame your face.
3. Balance your look: Kundan jewellery tends to be heavy, so it’s important to balance your overall look. If you’re wearing a heavy necklace, pair it with simple earrings and a maang tikka. If you’re wearing heavy earrings, skip the necklace and opt for a statement maang tikka or passa.
4. Try different styles: Kundan jewellery comes in a variety of styles, from traditional to modern. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles to find the one that best suits your personality and style.
What is Kundan jewellery?
Kundan jewellery is a traditional style of Indian jewellery. You craft them using a technique of setting gemstones or glass stones in a gold or silver foil base. It is often decorated with Meenakari jewellery work, which involves enamelling the metal surface with colourful designs. Kundan jewellery is popular for bridal wear, as well as for special occasions such as festivals and weddings.
What is Kundan Polki jewellery?
Kundan Polki jewellery is a type of traditional Indian jewellery that combines the techniques of Kundan and Polki work. When Polki or uncut diamond is used to make jewellery with 24 Karat gold, it is called Kundan Polki jewellery.
How to store Kundan jewellery?
Here are some tips on how to store Kundan jewellery:
- Keep it in a dry and cool place: Moisture and humidity can cause damage to Kundan jewellery. Therefore, it is important to store it in a dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight.
- Store it separately: Store Kundan jewellery separately from other jewellery to prevent scratches or damage. You can use soft cloth pouches, cotton or silk-lined jewellery boxes, or zip-lock bags to store them.
- Wrap it in soft fabric: Wrap the jewellery in soft fabric such as cotton or silk to protect it from dust and dirt.
What is the difference between Kundan and Polki jewellery?
Like Kundan jewellery, crafting for Polki happens using gold or silver foil. It features a set of gemstones or glass stones. However, unlike Kundan jewellery, which uses glass stones or less expensive gemstones, Kundan Polki jewellery uses uncut diamonds or other precious stones.
How to clean artificial Kundan jewellery at home?
Regular cleaning is essential to maintain the shine and lustre of Kundan jewellery. Use a soft brush to remove dust and dirt and wipe it with a soft cloth. Avoid using water or any harsh chemicals to clean the jewellery.
Kundan bridal jewellery is a beautiful and timeless choice for any bride. Are you looking for a necklace set, a set of earrings with a simple design, a gorgeous maang tikka, a bracelet, or even an elegant anklet?. Kundan jewellery will surely add some sparkle and glamour to your bridal look. With the ever-changing times, as the millennials are entering the marriage club, artificial Kundan jewellery sets online have gained popularity among young Indian brides for its trendy and lightweight design. So, go ahead and choose the perfect Kundan jewellery set to complete your bridal look and make your big day even more special.