Work weeks can be rough. Whether you’re at work or at home, each day of the week seems to present a different challenge to maintaining your productivity and focus.
On Monday, you’re looking for a bit of a jolt to start the week. Tuesday’s inspiration isn’t always as high as needed. On Wednesday, you need some help to get over the hump. Thursday and Friday motivation can be ever-elusive. And on the weekends, you might need to tie up some loose ends, cull reflections for meetings, in the form of work quotes of the week, and still try to get rejuvenated for the week ahead.
Monday Quotes: Get Motivated
Mondays always get you down, but that doesn’t mean some good old-fashioned motivation can’t get you geared up and excited for the week ahead, even with all of its attendant challenges. Let these inspirational quotes related to work, culled from many generations of brilliant thinkers, motivate you to go that extra mile today—especially if it doesn’t seem possible. It is possible, and we also suspect that the rest of your week will thank you later for the effort you put out today.
2. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” —George Lorimer
3. “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen R. Covey
4. “Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” —Thomas Carlyle
5. “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you’re willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” —Lou Holtz
6. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.” —Tricia Cunningham
7. “I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” —Henry David Thoreau
8. “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” —Karen E. Quinones Miller
9. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” —Farrah Gray
10. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to focus. “ — Alexander Graham Bell
11. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” —Dalai Lama
13. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” —Saint Francis
14. “The future depends on what you do today.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Tuesday Quotes: Get Down to Business & Hard work
When Tuesday rolls around, it’s really time to get down to work—but that’s sometimes easier said than done. Having trouble getting started on your Tuesday motivation? These expert motivational quotes for hard work and dedication will help boost your productivity so you can power through that to-do list and set yourself up for success for the rest of the week.
15. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb
16. “Light tomorrow with today.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
17. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” —Earl Nightingale
18. “Someday is not a day of the week.” —Janet Dailey
19. “Make each day your masterpiece.” —John Wooden
20. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
21. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” —Tony Morgan
22. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” —Mark Twain
Wednesday Quotes: Keep the Momentum going
It’s hump day, so you’re already halfway through the week—and you’re doing great so far. But don’t let that slow you down or stop you from working hard to achieve your goals for the rest of the week. These hump-day daily inspirational quotes will give you that extra push to keep reaching.
23. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” —Theodore Roosevelt
25. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” —Steve Jobs
26. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” —Will Rogers
27. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.” —Thomas Jefferson
28. “The more I want to get something done the less I call it to work.” —Richard Bach
29. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” —Robert Collier
30. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” —Confucius
Thursday Quotes: Reflect on All You’ve Done & Improve
You’ve been focused and hard at work all week, so get your Thursday motivation started by taking a moment to look back at all that you’ve achieved. These reflective and motivational quotes for work will open your mind and allow you to appreciate where you’ve been, where you’re going, and how well you accomplish your goals.
31. “If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” —Mario Andretti
32. “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
33. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” —Albert Einstein
34. “Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.” —Yoda
35. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” —Nelson Henderson
36. “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” —Emile Zola
37. “Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.” —Arthur Christopher Benson
38. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan and guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” —Jim Rohn
39. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
Friday Quotes: Keep Going the last mile
It’s Friday, and if you’re lucky, this means that it’ll soon be the end of your workweek responsibilities. You may need to be as productive as you can for one more day, but as you move into your weekend, remember not to let your fears hold you back—in your career or your life! These inspirational quotes for working will urge you to leave your current worries at the door and walk confidently toward the future.
40. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” —Dale Carnegie
41. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” —Truman Capote
42. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” —e.e. cummings
43. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” —Thomas A. Edison
44. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” —Herman Melville35. “Fall 7 times, stand up 8.” —Japanese Proverb
46. “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.” —Robert T. Kiyosaki
47. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” —Bruce Lee
48. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” —Gary Ryan Blair
49. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” —Conrad Hilton
Saturday & Sunday Quotes: Prepare for the result of hard work & Success
The weekend is a time for relaxing, rejuvenating, and reflecting on what you want out of your life. It may also be a time to think about how to balance your job, the larger arc of your career, and your personal life in order to maximize happiness. Use these extra moments of free time to mentally prep for success! Below are inspirational quotes for work success.
50. “Success only comes to those who dare to attempt.” —Mallika Tripathi
51. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” —Dale Carnegie
52. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” —Joseph Campbell
53. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” —Maya Angelou
54. “Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is a success.” —Henry Ford
55. “Don’t aim for success if you want it, just do what you love and believe in and it will come naturally.” —David Frost
56. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.” —Robert Kiyosaki
57. “The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
58. “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” —Joyce Brothers
59. ”This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it to work, realize it is a play.” —Alan Wilson Watts
60. “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” —Theodore Roosevelt
If you are tired from the work weeks and looking for motivational & inspirational positive quotes about work for gems, jewelry, or precious metals business to get you working throughout the week and enjoy success during weekends, follow our blogs at Mintly.